Join us for this once in a life time extravaganza to free dive with Blue Whales in the clear, blue, warm waters of Sri Lanka!
Then on safari with Leopard, Asian Elephant, Sloth Bear, Jackal and Mugger Crocodile as well as a number of dry-zone bird species.
BLUE WHALES are the largest creatures on Earth, they are resident here and can be seen on most mornings. At this time of year Sri Lanka is home to one of the largest concentrations of pygmy blue whales on earth. They are a sub species of the Blue Whale, approximately 10 feet shorter 79-80ft long.
Sperm Whales, Spinner Dolphin, Orca and Bryde’s Whale are also seen intermittently. We will be here for the best chance to encounter migrating Sperm Whale pods, a wonderful bonus to add to the mix.
- Day One – On arrival at Bandaranaike International Airport, transfer to Mosvold Villa, Ahangama (3 hour drive) *Our lovely 4 star villa home overlooks the water and near to the harbour for our early mornings start with the whales* Spend 6 nights at Mosvold Villa, Ahangama. Deluxe Room – H/B
- Days Two to Six – 5 Mornings – Whale and dolphin watching from Mirissa for in-water experiences with Blue Whales, Sperm Whales and Spinner Dolphins. Afternoon at leisure. Overnight at Mosvold Villa, Ahangama. Deluxe Room – H/B
- Day Seven – Morning, leave for Cinnamon Wild in Yala (4 hour drive) *Our lovely rustic- luxurious Jungle Chalet is minutes from the park, offering wildlife at our front door!* Afternoon safari at Yala National Park in search of Asian Elephant, Sloth Bear, Leopard, Mugger Crocodile and other wildlife. Spend 03 nights at Cinnamon Wild, Yala. Jungle Chalet – H/B
- Days Eight and Nine – Early morning and late afternoon safaris at Yala National Park for wildlife viewing. Overnight at Cinnamon Wild, Yala. Jungle Chalet – H/B
- Day Ten – Early morning, one last safari at Yala National Park. Late morning, leave for Jetwing Lagoon in Negombo (5 ½ hour drive). Spend 01 night at Jetwing Lagoon, Negombo. Bawa Room – H/B
- Day Eleven – Transfer to Bandaranaike International Airport, Katunayaka (30 min drive)
COST: USD $8775.00 per person
Single Supplement: $1815.00 Per Person
Cost per person based on an air conditioned Mini-coach with an English speaking local guide throughout the tour, the services of Cindi LaRaia from Dive Discovery Travel along with Scott Davis/wildlife Biologist professional photographer, will lead the in-water experiences with whales on above mentioned excursions, accommodation and meal plan.