Siren Fleet is Hiring!!
Operations Manager – Philippines
Worldwide Dive and Sail own and operate the Siren Fleet of luxury dive liveaboards, which was founded by Frank Van Der Linde in 2004. Our fleet has grown to 6 phinisi yachts offering diving safaris in exciting destinations which include Fiji, Indonesia, the Maldives, Palau and the Philippines. We will also begin operation in Truk Lagoon in November 2014.
We are a forward-thinking, service-minded organisation that strives to provide its customers with the highest quality experience possible. We aim to continuously improve our services, standards and the quality of our operations across all of our activities; our staff is the key to our success!
We are currently seeking a highly motivated dive industry professional to fulfill the role of Operational Manager in our Philippines office.
Reporting to the Central Operations Manager, your role will be to oversee all aspects of the liveaboard operation within the Philippines and ensure smooth running of each scheduled charter. Supported by an accountant and an administrative assistance you will be the main point of contact between the yacht and our central operations team; who remain on hand to provide support and guidance as you ease into your new role.
Role and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:-
- Cruise planning to ensure all supplies and necessary paperwork are delivered to the yacht for each cruise
- Oversee all yacht and dive equipment maintenance
- Organise scheduled maintenance work and troubleshooting to avoid cruise disruption
- All matters relating to local human resources including crewing the yacht, scheduling holidays and arranging salaries
- Implementation of and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Maintenance of dive permits for each itinerary offered
We operate 4 itineraries in the Philippines (Coron/Batangas, Visayas, Leyte and Tubbataha) and our Operations Manager, though based in Cebu, should be flexible to travel to each location as required. It is also expected that you join certain cruises throughout the year as requested by and arranged with the Central Operations Manager.
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:-
- Experience as an operational manager for a dive centre or liveaboard
- An organized forward planner with the ability to work within tight schedules and keep to deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in remote locations
- Ability to quickly and efficiently source and provide the optimum solution to any situation
- Certified, renewed and insured PADI instructor
- Basic computing skills – Microsoft office programs, google docs, internet, email, skype
- STCW-95 certification is not a requirement for this role but would be useful
- Non-Smoker preferred
The local operations team is essential to providing the ultimate dive vacation experience for each of our guests. As manager will often be the first person our guests meet in the location, you should greet each one with a smile, be flexible to last minute requests and above all remember its their vacation- we want them to enjoy it!
To apply please email you CV (resume) with photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the team and become part of our success!
We are also interested in hearing from experienced individuals who wish to join one of our liveaboard dive teams. If you are a qualified PADI Instructor with liveaboard experience, a minimum of 500 dives and have at least 2 years dive experience in one or several of our locations in SEA/Pacific please email your CV (with photo) to our Dive Operations Officer at email@example.com