The XR inflator, sold through Mares and made by an outsider manufacturer, FERPLAST, has found a quality issue on this inflator mounted on the XR line aircells. Divers are urged to quit utilizing the models listed below, and volunteer to return this unit to Mares for repair.
In certain circumstances the deflation button could come unscrewed, resulting in loss of the seal at the mouthpiece. This in turn, could cause a loss of buoyancy that may potentially lead to an accident and/or serious injury or death. Insufficient torque was applied during the assembly of a small lot of these inflators. FERPLAST has used the same principle on hundreds of thousands of inflators without previous problems and only a small lot of inflators have been affected. A change in FERPLAST’S production process, solved the problem, by applying the correct torque when assembling the button and for added safety, a special glue is now added on the threads.
- 417511 Donut Bladder Single Tank – XR Line
- 417512 Donut Bladder Twin Tank – XR Line
- 417536 Sidemount Pure Light Bladder-XR
- 417539 Red Devil Single Backmount set-XR 417540
- 417547 Red Devil Single Backmount set SSI-XR
- 417550 Pure Light Sidemount compl.set – XR Line
- 417551 Silver Knight Single BM set – XR Line Blue
- 417551 Battle Single Backmount set – XR Line