Are you finding it difficult to take two to three weeks off to complete your PADI IDC? We have come up with an answer for that.
Dive Instructor Academy is run by PADI Platinum Course Director Kai Steinbeck and we break the IDC up into two manageable chunks.
First, we have to cover the academic section of the PADI Instructor Development Course. That’s the part of the program that is traditionally conducted in a classroom environment. We have the technology to run the academic portion with you face to face via live online training. IMPORTANT! This is not eLearning. This is your PADI Course Director presenting the curriculum to you live, face to face, via online platforms to you in your home or office or wherever you want to be, where you will interact, ask questions and even present what you learn.
But hang on I hear you say. I heard that there is eLearning. You are 100% correct. There is a PADI eLearning session that you have to do. You need to complete this whether you are doing a traditional PADI IDC, or if you are doing our version.
We will create a schedule for you to spend 3 hours per day for 8 days to cover everything we need to cover. During these presentations we will use digital whiteboards and other tools to get all the information taught, just as if you were in a classroom setting.
With that out of the way, you’re ready for your in-water training. This will be done at our PADI 5 star IDC centre located in the Dominican Republic. It is here that we will conduct confined water and openwater training and presentations.
We will have plenty of time to practice rescue training as well as the Emergency First Aid Instructor Course which is part of your PADI IDC program.
What are the benefits?
- If you are short of time and can’t get away for 2 and a half to 3 weeks, then our PADI IDC is ideal for you.
- We can arrange the program for you in a way that the live online training precedes the in-water training so that you are fresh for your Instructor Examination.
- We have more time to focus on actual in-water training.
What else is included?
- Instructor Exam Pass guarantee! Yep, really! If you fail your IE we will pay for your resit and give you extra training. That’s how confident we are that our training is second to none.
- Training for 5 specialty instructor ratings (Nitrox, Deep, Wreck, O2 and Boat)
- Introduction to free diving
- Marine life knowledge course