The Niagara Divers’ Association annual one-day symposium, called Shipwrecks started in 1995 as a small local event hosted at the St Catharine’s Library. Over the last 29 years it has grown into a successful world-class event and has been attended by more than 14,000 Divers and Shipwreck Enthusiasts!
Each year we present a mix of new and returning speakers with primary multimedia presentations on Shipwrecks, Diving and Marine Archaeology. The show also has a number of short presentations designed to introduce new topics and speakers.
For the last 27 years, we have booked the same great location with padded theater-style seating, easy access, loads of free parking, and a great sound system. Plus added touches such as personal name tags, speaker displays and book signing.
Saturday, April 1, 2023 at Centennial High School, 240 Thorold Road, Welland, Ontario.
Featured Headline Presentations
- Jill Heinerth – Truxtun and Pollux – How a Newfoundland Community Stimulated American Civil Rights
- Jill Heinerth – Liberator Down – First Dives on a Lost WWII Bomber
- David Trotter – Two Brothers, Two Ships, Two Shipwrecks
- John Ratcliffe – The Archaeology of HMS Erebus: 2022 Field Season
- Jim & Pat Stayer – Ice Seals The Fate Of The Eber Ward In Ten Minutes
- David Gilchrist – Exploring Sherkston Quarry
- Ken Merryman – The Great Lakes Best Sidewheelers
- Kayla Martin – Niagara Divers Club Promotional and Save Ontario Mooring Guide
- F.E.U.R.U. – Fort Erie Underwater Recovery Unit Club Promotional
- Cris Corfield – Lake Erie (Eastern Basin) Mooring Project
- Rick Stanley – Ocean Quest Adventures
- N.Y.S.D.A. – New York State Divers Association Promotional
- Bay Area Divers – Club Promotional
- Walher Irie & Paul Darnbrough – C.H.A.A. The Search for a lost P51 Mustang Aircraft