Join Freeflow Media for 7 days of mind blowing diving in The Red Sea – 30th September to 7th October 2022
Freeflow Media are taking one of the finest vessels in the region, to bring you underwater photo and video workshops in the stunning surroundings of the Southern Red Sea. Famed for it’s combination of reef life, large pelagics and wrecks, we hope to combine the best of all Red Sea diving into one trip, with the added edge of lessons on how to create your own photographic memories to show your family and friends!
Liane and Harry, two camera operators, will be on board running workshops for those who are willing to learn. They will also be filming the trip from beginning to end to put together a memory video for all of our guests to take home (Don’t worry, they won’t have a camera in your face for 7 days! Subtlety is a fine art that they firmly believe in!)
Check out the video from our previous trip to the Galapagos to get an idea of what you’re in for:
- 7 Nights full board accommodation (3 meals a day, snacks in between dives, bed in a shared cabin)
- 6 Days of diving with up to 4 dives per day
- Photography/Videography Workshops
- As much photography advice and photo reviews as you can ask for!
- A memory video of the trip filmed over and underwater (see above for an example)
- A camera operator capturing you and the amazing wildlife we come across on every dive
- A clean-up dive after we’re back on shore with HEPCA and a chance to see their amazing projects! (OPTIONAL)
- Transfers between local airport and liveaboard on days of embarkation and disembarkation
- Water/coffee/tea/soft drinks
- 12 Litre cylinder with air fills
- Day 1 – Visit dive sites local to your departure port for three dives (a check dive, practice zodiac dive and night dive) before heading out to the marine parks.
- Days 2-5 – We normally plan to spend a day at one of the Brothers Islands, Daedalus and the Elphinstone area. Normally you will have the opportunity to make three dives per day (night dives are not permitted in the marine parks).
- Day 6 – After a week of drop-offs, enjoy two relaxed morning dives local to your arrival port allowing you to cruise into harbour in the early afternoon. Take advantage of an evening onshore to purchase souvenirs and enjoy Egypt’s famous hospitality before either journeying home or joining the clean-up dive the next day.
- Day 7 – HEPCA clean-up dive and talk on their local projects for those who want to.
PLEASE NOTE The itinerary above is an example of the planned route and dive sites cannot be guaranteed. All dive sites are subject to weather conditions and the final route taken is at the absolute discretion of the captain and dive guides. Night dives are not permitted in the marine parks
Photo and Video Workshops
For those budding photographers and videographers, make sure you bring along your cameras; this trip is designed with underwater media in mind!
Liane and Harry will be teaching the basics of underwater photography for those who are interested, during a number of workshops slotted into the rest periods each day. There is no pressure to attend, those who prefer some down time are more than free to do so!
Here is what we plan to cover:
- Intro to diving with a camera
- Photography/videography basics and how they apply underwater – Triangle of light, Apperture, Shutter speed and ISO, Framing, FPS etc
- Natural light photography
- How light behaves underwater
- Flash photography/video lights
- Types of camera
- Types of Photography/Videography and Lens choice
- Housing set-up and maintenance – Pre and post dive
- Constant photo review and feedback during the trip
- The chance to try different camera set-ups