Applications for Assistance will be Accepted Onsite at DEMA Show 2021
The DEMA Board of Directors has activated DEMA’s Disaster Assistance Program and Manufacturers’ Fund to help DEMA Member exhibitors and buyers struggling as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic. “We understand that many companies are experiencing difficult times as a result of the pandemic,” indicated Tom Ingram, DEMA President and CEO. “The DEMA Board wants to help as much as possible so these professionals can gain education, learn about products and services and take advantage of Show-only specials that will help them make it through to better days ahead.”
The Board has approved assistance for both exhibitors and attendees to emphasize the importance of DEMA Show and in-person business. While the impact of COVID-19 has given rise to helpful technology to allow people to do business remotely it has also created “video-call fatigue” for those participating online. While face-to-face, or more accurately masked-face-to-masked-face business will certainly look different at DEMA Show 2021 it is imperative that the industry focus on education and growth as the world continues to change as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Those in need of support to attend or exhibit at DEMA Show can apply for the following funds onsite at DEMA Central, November 16-19:
- Buyer Assistance: One registered Buyer from each DEMA Member operation can apply for reimbursement for one-night’s stay at the per person base-rate at an official DEMA block hotel.
- Exhibitor Assistance: Companies can apply for emergency assistance in the amount of $300 (DEMA Member) and $100 (non-member) per 100 net square feet of contracted, paid exhibit space.
- For complete details click here.
Those attending or exhibiting at DEMA Show this year due to COVID-19 may take some comfort in the many precautions being planned for DEMA Show , including, but not limited to:
- Masks will be required and available for all visitors entering the convention center
- Hand sanitizer stations will be set in large quantities throughout the DEMA Show floor and meeting rooms
- DEMA-Sponsored Education rooms will be sanitized between sessions
- Social distancing will be encouraged using signage, stanchion, and other common methods
- Registration and badge pick-up touch points will be reduced
- Plastic shields will be provided at registration and DEMA central to minimize transfer
- Guests will have the option of wearing a bracelet to indicate their level of comfort for physical interaction with other guests
- Food services will comply with local regulations regarding handling and COVID-19
While we know some may still choose to stick to remote learning and business online, DEMA will continue to find ways to make those looking forward to getting back to in-person business this November as productive and safe as possible! While DEMA Show 2021 will certainly be different, the DEMA Board and staff are committed to doing everything we can to make it a beneficial experience for all in attendance. Those with questions about these new assistance programs can contact DEMA at (858) 616-6408 or firstname.lastname@example.org