Applications open September 1, 2021
The deadline for receipt of applications is October 31, 2021, at 5:00 pm U.S. Eastern Time. (Exception: Undergraduate Marine Research Internship closes Jan 15, 2022 at 5:00 pm U.S. Eastern Time.)
Applicants will be notified by Feb 1, 2022, and awards will be made in March, 2022.
How to Apply
- The WDHOF application system is Google-based. Applicants will need to set up a Google account to apply. You MUST apply online; emailed applications will not be accepted.
- You may only apply for one scholarship or training grant.
- All applications require two letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your ability to complete the proposed project or training. These letters need to be uploaded to the application by you (and not your recommender). Please request the letters of recommendation early, so that you can complete your application.
Deadlines Application and Other Information
- No applications will be accepted after the published deadline of October 31, 2021, at 5:00 pm U.S. Eastern Time (or January 15, 2022, at 5:00 pm U.S. Eastern Time for the Undergraduate Marine Research Internship). No exceptions.
- Applicants will be notified by February 1, 2022, and awards will be made in March 2022.
- PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU NEED FUNDS PRIOR TO MARCH 2022.
- The scholarship/grant must be used within 18 months of the date of the award — August 31, 2023.
- At the completion of the project or training, a report detailing how the funds were used must be submitted.
- Awardees will get a one-year complimentary membership as a WDHOF Associate.