Need some inspiration on what to do with the kids this summer holiday? Got shark-mad people at home that are eager for activities and challenges? Grab an activity bundle this summer and have fun as you learn about some of the ocean’s most iconic animals – Sharks and Rays!
The Shark Trust has partnered with national award-winning outdoor education provider – The Great Out-tours – to produce an exciting range of educational resources. With sharks and rays as the inspiration. From beachcombing to craft challenges, these bundles of fun will provide hours of guided learning for children and adults alike.
Transport your children / adults in care settings, to the magical kingdom of these deep ocean dwellers! These bundles will ignite a spirit of curiosity, exploration and inspiration, to learn about & protect the sharks of our seas.
“We are delighted to be working in close partnership with Shark Trust, to help safeguard the future of sharks & rays, through education. We have produced illuminating shark and ray themed activity bundles, designed to fill your families with wild fun and learning, both outdoors and in! We think you’ll really enjoy yourselves making, doing & foraging, whilst helping the conservation efforts for these amazing creatures?
My personal passion for sharks and rays, drives our focus within the activity bundles, to create positive learning about these fantastic fish, and provide ideas for you to get everyone out, about and connected with the ocean! Within the activities, we highlight the crucial role sharks and rays play in marine ecosystems and think you/your children will be inspired to want to protect them and safeguard their future’s!” John Brooksbank, Founder of The Great Out-tours
Learning about sharks and rays is a great way to get everyone connected with the ocean. You can have fun as you learn, either at home, down the park, or on the beach. The activity bundles give families the opportunity to partake in a shared experience, working together to complete the tasks and activities, learning about amazing sharks along the way.
“We know there’s an appetite for more good quality shark-themed activities. Partnering with The Great Out-tours has been a great way for us to provide our supporters and shark fans with fun and exciting new ways to discover and connect with sharks and rays.” Paul Cox, MD, Shark Trust
Packed with things to do both when the sun is shining or if you are stuck indoors on a rainy day, the activity bundles have something to get your teeth into, including crafting, puzzles, educational videos, and outdoor fun at the beach or in the garden.
“Everything was so easy to follow and with resources available to download, it meant that you could quite easily get on with things. Even my 2-year-old got involved with the activities!
The boys also really enjoyed the online jigsaw puzzles and word searches associated with each activity. Actually, I think Mummy rather enjoyed those too!”Laura, Parent of four boys of varying primary ages
Shark Bundle Information
SHARKS & RAYS BUNDLE (Priced at £3.50):
The Sharks and Rays bundle contains 4 themes each with a range of activities and resources. Each theme ends with a family quiz and completion of the bundle qualifies you for a reward.
Jaw dropping fun!
- Using sharks and rays as the inspiration, they’ve crammed this bundle full of fun educational activities, targeted at primary/secondary children and adults in care and domestic home settings.
- At home, in the garden, on a walk, in the park, or on the beach: From beachcombing to craft challenges, these resources will provide hours of guided learning. As well as mental/physical and social enrichment for children and adults.
- Tasty treats: 4 main shark and ray ‘headline’ themes are supported with a tasty suite of activities that include age specific wordsearches, puzzles, ‘eye-opening’ educational video clips and a wildly fun family/care home quiz challenge!
- Fintastic Learning! Each activity has curriculum and life enrichment linkage with risk-assessed educational resources.
- Rays the roof! Complete your sharks and rays bundle and receive a certificate/reward. The Great Out-tours and Shark Trust would love you to picture share your crafting creations!
- Bitesize budget? The Sharks and Rays bundle costs £3.50, with a 50p donation from each registration going to the Shark Trust.
Click on the link below to sign up for and buy the Sharks and Rays Bundle:
Mini Shark Bundles (Priced at £1)
Great Egg-Case Hunt
Join us on a magical adventure, as we explore the exciting world of egg-laying sharks and skates. You’ll be heading to the beach for a spot of field-work and finding out what you can do to help protect these incredible animals…
Click on the link below to sign up for and buy The Great Eggcase Hunt bundle.
Discover the super agile, fish-herding, thresher sharks. Made up of 3 different species. With a tail like a whip to stun prey, thresher sharks can stir up dinner at lightning speed!
Click on the link below to sign up for and buy the Thresher Shark bundle.