Were you aware that there is a hyperbaric chamber right in Tobermory?
Hyperbaric chambers are used to treat a variety of medical problems, in addition to diving-related injuries. OHIP, in particular, covers 14 different ailments. We are very fortunate to have the hyperbaric chamber and Dr. Harpur so close to the Tobermory Harbour. And Mike and Kelly of Divers Den have the privilege of working with this group all year.
About The Tobermory Hyperbaric Facility (THF)
Our mission at the Tobermory Hyperbaric Facility (THF) is to provide world-class hyperbaric services to all patients and divers while also establishing a core of skilled and experienced staff to support hyperbaric science and education.
Areas of focus include:
- Diver safety and training
- Medical Therapy
- Research and Education
Divers will participate in an instructional program at the Tobermory Hyperbaric Facility, which involves lectures and recompression chamber runs. Diver protection is being improved as a result of this, as well as ongoing diving studies.
The program ensures ongoing availability of support for sport, commercial and scientific diving by providing:
- lectures and instructional chamber dives
- improved response to diving problems through investigation and research
- training in defensive diving techniques
- assistance with the investigation of diving mishaps and casualties
- emergency medical services directly or via remote support
Follow Kelly on Facebook.