Snorkeling with orcas and humpback whales
Norway is known for its beautiful fjords and breathtaking scenery. It’s a great travel destination year-round. During the winter months, the north of Norway has something extra magical! From the end of October, huge schools of herring come into the fjords followed by large groups of orcas and humpback whales. And you can go snorkeling with them!
In winter, Waterproof Cruises & Expeditions operates a one of a kind wildlife experience in Northern Norway. The live-aboard voyages, starting from Tromsø, take place from late October to mid-January on board the small 16-passenger MS Polarfront. The ship takes you on an adventure through the majestic fjords of Northern Norway to find orcas and humpback whales. The main goal is to observe these impressive giants under water while they are hunting for herring. When the guide decides it is safe to go snorkeling you will head out in a zodiac. At the sign of the guide, you slide into the clear cold water for a look below the surface. Imagine swimming in the clear dark water while orcas are chasing the herring and huge humpback whales come up from the deep blue. It’s undoubtedly one of the most unique experiences in the world. Even if you choose not to snorkel, the zodiac excursions are great for whale watching and photography!
The voyages take a maximum of 16 guests to ensure the best snorkeling experience in a sustainable way. Full snorkeling equipment, including Waterproof drysuits, gloves, hoods and boots are provided on board.
Last Minutes Winter 2021-2022
There are still a few last cabins available for these Winter Whales of Norway Expeditions!
- 31 Oct – 06 Nov 2021: 1 x Deluxe Suite / 1 x Superior Suite
- 06 Nov – 12 Nov 2021 1 x Superior Suite / 1x Executive Suite
- 12 Nov – 18 Nov 2021: 1 x Superior Suite / 1 x Executive Suite
- 18 Nov – 24 Nov 2021: 1 x Deluxe Suite / 1 x Superior Suite / 1x Executive Suite
- 24 Nov – 30 Nov 2021: Opportunity for groups!
- 07 Jan – 13 Jan 2022: 2 x Deluxe Suite / 1 x Superior Suite
- Executive Suite € 4.230 pp
- Superior Suite € 4.070 pp
- Deluxe Suite € 3.960 pp
- Full board, coffee and tea
- Waterproof snorkeling package
- Experienced guides and two zodiacs
- Use of onboard hot tub and sauna
- Service taxes and port charges
Travellers from the EU/EAA/Schengen area and the UK can now enter Norway with the European Union Digital Corona Certificate (EUDCC).