Join Liquid Productions in partnership with Lust4Rust Diving Excursions in one of the most exciting wreck diving destinations on the Planet. Truk (Chuuk) Lagoon is located in the Federated States of Micronesia in the South Pacific. During WWII it was Japan’s most formidable stronghold and their main base in the South Pacific theatre. It served as an anchorage for Japan’s Imperial fleet. In February 1944 American forces attacked Truk “Operation Hailstone” which lasted for 2 days sinking 12 warships, 32 merchant ships and destroying 275 aircraft. Truk is now considered the largest underwater shipwreck graveyard in the world. Not only are the wrecks intact with cargo holds of planes, trucks, bullets, bombs, bones, machinery, gas masks, torpedos and more! On the decks there are battle tanks, guns, pom-poms, bridges with intact telegraphs, and inside engine rooms will blow your mind! The exterior of the wrecks are an explosion of color and stunning soft corals and marine life. This is a must for any wreck enthusiast or underwater photographer.
We will be staying at Blue Lagoon Resort and doing all of our diving with them. Each boat will only hold 4-6 divers. This ensures that there aren’t that many divers on each wreck at one time. This also gives us flexibility as to dive sites during the trip. This also means if you are a hard core CCR diver or a recreational OC diver we can cater to everyone’s experience and runtimes. You are able to choose your own runtime and plan on each dive giving you the ability to get the most out of your trip!
Truk is a remote place and with doing so much decompression diving, long travel days, and doing longer run times after multiple days that most may not be used to there will be a Hyperbaric Physician along for any diving or medical emergencies. There is a chamber and Hospital in Truk. You are required to carry dive insurance / DAN.
We will typically do 2 long dives a day (single tank OC divers may do more). The first leaves around 8:30am to dive a deeper wreck then head back out again around 2pm after lunch and a break. Remember we will be diving for 12 days! If you spend the effort to get there it’s nice to really see Truk and get a lot of diving in.
This trip is open to all certification levels from advanced/nitrox single tank divers to trimix OC and Trimix CCR. We will sort you out by certification/experience level on each boat. Many of the wrecks are just 40-130 ft deep.
- 12 days of diving!
- 13 nights accommodation rooms based on double occupancy – all rooms are Ocean View, fridge, and en suite.
- 2- AL 80’s (with stage rigging already on them)
- 2 air fills/diluent fills per day (if you are diving twin tanks it is an additonal $7)
- Underwater Photography / video seminars & work with Becky on wreck imaging techniques and photoshop techniques to enhance your images! We’ll do these seminars at night and critique shots to help you for the following day!
- Food (meals average $8-12 each)
- Rebreather cylinder rental $20 additional per day or $240 for the entire trip. (Payable to Rust4Lust) Free to returning CCR Divers who rented before!
- Oxygen $0.06 cents a liter/ Helium is $0.20 cents a liter)
- Scrubber (about $300 per keg)
- Exit fee $30
- With ever-fluctuating rates, slight changes in price could occur referring to the 2021 trip. (unfortunately unavoidable but I want to be open with you)
$4250 (now accepting credit cards) Subject to a $100+ price increase for 2022
About Becky Kagan Schott
Becky has been actively diving for 23 years, 19 of which have been technical diving starting in caves when she was 16 years old living in Florida. She began diving closed circuit rebreathers in 2007 and currently is a technical diving instructor through TDI for the Megalodon Rebreather teaching through trimix. Becky is a sought after presenter at dive conferences and has presented in England, Poland, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Slovenia and all over the USA on her work and adventures. She is a Fellow in the Explorers Club and in 2013 she was inducted into the Women Divers Hall of Fame.