A potential safety risk has been found by Suunto on two of its products. All consumers who have a Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter or Tank POD are asked to bring the products to an authorized Suunto dive dealer or a Suunto Authorized Service Centre for inspection and upgrade. It is a free service for its customers.
The exterior case of a Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter failed during regular dry land pressure testing. Although it is extremely rare, it is a potential risk of injury if it bursts.
The process is free for consumers. All Transmitters and Tank PODs must not be used before the upgrade has been made.
Suunto will provide a free battery replacement and a one-year warranty from the date of inspection for all upgraded products.
Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter
- SS019098000 and SS005397000 SUUNTO WIRELESS TANK PRESSURE TRANSMITTER
- Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter has a black cone-shaped plastic case – with SUUNTO, FINLAND printed on top of the case.
- The old model has a black plastic base. The new model has a transparent plastic based with an LED light.
- Size: diameter approximately 4 cm, length approximately 8 cm
- Compatible Products: Suunto D4i, D4i Novo, D6i, D6i Novo, D9, D9tx, DX, Vytec, Vytec DS, Vyper Novo, HelO2, Vyper Air.
Suunto Tank POD
- SS020306000 SUUNTO TANK POD
- Suunto Tank POD has black cone-shaped plastic case with SUUNTO TANK POD, MADE IN FINLAND printed in gray color on the case and a transparent plastic base.
- Size: diameter approximately 4 cm, length appoximately 8 cm
- Compatible products: Suunto EON Steel dive computer.
A list of dealers and authorized service centers can be found at: Dealer Locator. You can also use the free Suunto Online Service Request (only available for certain countries) to get your product(s) picked up from your home/office.