It’s been a while since I took delivery of the Orcatorch D530, but having now finally got this small, recreational dive torch in the water, I have to say, it delivers a lot more than what I initially expected.
Being primarily based in the Red Sea, there is not a great need for torches but when it comes to wreck penetration or searching in small caves and crevasses, it is an essential part of divers kit. The D530 1300 lumens is surprisingly powerful for its size and weight.
The D530 comes with 3 spare o-rings and charging can be done directly via USB and therefore doesn’t need a separate charger. Always a handy consideration when packing kit for a liveaboard. The torch body is well engineered and feels rugged, yet is also surprisingly light.
The switch is easy to use, even with gloves and again is well engineered to avoid accidentally turning it on or off. With 2 settings, the torch can be used for both searching and as a light for basic photography. Having the charge indicator built into the power button is particularly convenient.
Overall, the Orcatorch D530 stands out from other similar priced torches and is a great addition to any recreational divers kit.
Full feature list includes:
- Uses 1*18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery
- White light beam angle 8°， Red, Blue, UV, Green beam angle 6°
- Cold white with max 1300 lumens for primary dive light
- Red light offers two light modes for night dives to shoot shy animals
- Blue light works with the yellow filter for marine fluorescence dives and research
- UV 395 light works directly for fluorescent night diving
- Easy operation with side titanium alloy button switch
- Battery indicator
- Safe lock function, prevents mis-operation
- Intelligent Over-Heat protection and Over-discharge protection function
- Water pressure resistant construction, depth rated to 150 meters
- Reverse polarity protection, to protect from improper battery installation
- Constructed from high-strength A6061-T6 aluminum
- Mil-Spec Type III hard anodized finish for durability and corrosion resistance
- Two sides coated toughened glass with high water pressure resistance under deep water