Any diver can now smoothly record stunning underwater videos with the new powerful yet intuitive Vaquita 2nd Gen camera with 150° ultra-wide lens and patented automatic underwater color correction – while simultaneously help to map the ocean through the community-driven TheOceanBase in the Paralenz app.
Award-winning Danish ocean-tech company Paralenz recently launched the second generation of its Vaquita underwater camera designed by divers for divers. Named after the critically endangered Vaquita porpoise, this easy-to-use camera is packed with new technology to deliver unprecedented quality in video and still photography under any aquatic conditions.
“Vaquita 2nd Gen is all about improving on its predecessor based on the feedback we receive from our community”, says Martin Holmberg, Paralenz co-founder. “While the recording performance has improved drastically, you can still expect the Vaquita series’ signature ease-of-use, automatic color correction, and the geeky App that features advanced dive statistics.”
The new powerful Vaquita 2nd Gen records even smoother high-quality videos in up to 4K60 with the newly-updated, patented Auto-DCC (Automatic Depth-Controlled Color Correction) enabling the camera to automatically detect green or blue water and apply a digital color filter for breathtaking true-to-nature recordings. The new ultra-wide 150° lens* supports the camera to record stunning scenes full marine-life.
*H=122°(H=6.31mm), V=92°(V=4.72mm), focus distance = 25 cm (9.8”)
Each dive becomes valuable data
The Vaquita 2nd Gen has sensors for comprehensive data collection to map and document the conditions of the Ocean: temperature, depth, and geolocation. Every single dive shared in the Paralenz App contributes valuable ocean data.
The GPS sensor makes it possible for divers to share their dive footage as pins on TheOceanBase interactive map available in the Paralenz App. This new feature is entirely driven by the Paralenz community and enables users to map the ocean, view dives from all over the world, seek inspiration, or research conditions for future dive trips.
First and foremost, ocean data from each dive is shared with marine scientists and partnering conservation organizations like Coral Restoration Foundation and Ghost Diving Organization, and many more emphasizing Paralenz’ mission to actively help protect the Ocean.
Price and availability
Paralenz Vaquita 2nd Gen Key Features
- Automatic Depth-Controlled Color Correction (Auto-DCC): Capture true-to-nature colors with the patented intelligent color correction. No need for extra filters or software.
- Ultra-wide lens: Capture stunning scenes full of marine life with the new 150° ultra-wide lens with a 25 cm (9.8”) focus distance.
- Integrated GPS, Depth and Temperature Dive Log: Vaquita is packed with sensors for divers: GPS, depth, temperature, conductivity, dive time, date/time, and descent/ascent rate.
- Built for technical diving: Built-in “T-Rail” mounting system for multiple mounting options. Waterproof down to 350 m (1150 ft) without extra housing. All camera settings are fully adjustable underwater.
- Easy to use: intuitive handling for undisturbed diving, perfect fit even with gloves on, and vibration feedback.
- Brilliant recording quality: Record true-to-nature underwater videos up to 4K60 / 1080p240 / 720p240 and photos with 12MP.
- Connects with free Paralenz App: Upload, organize, edit, and share your recordings. Help map and protect the ocean by sharing your dive and its connected ocean data.
More amazing features include: True Color OLED display, Auto-Record function, customizable recording overlay settings, customizable recording modes.