Dive Curacao

Scuba Mask Straps

Fantastic New Project For Shark Conservation

Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Friends for Sharks

We are delighted to introduce you to the Friends for Sharks project and announce their website is now live. The Scuba News is a proud sponsor of this cause and we hope you will join us and Friends for Sharks by following their exciting and innovative world tour in 2015!

Friends for SharksFriends for Sharks is a non-profit cause promoting marine conservation and increasing worldwide awareness of the plight of sharks. It has been created by our guest blogger Kathryn Hodgson and her partner Nicholas Curzon after an unexpected and serious back injury brought their marine career plans to a halt in August 2014. Whilst recovering, they decided to focus on finding a new and charitable way to use their passion and skills for positive change worldwide. They were determined not to be beaten by their setbacks and Friends for Sharks was born.

Kathryn and Nicholas are taking Friends for Sharks overseas by undertaking a world tour in 2015. They plan on visiting a number of countries to give educational and inspiring talks about their experiences of working with sharks, the threats sharks face and marine conservation issues. They aim to reach a wide variety of audiences, conduct voluntary work in the countries they visit and also raise money for two nominated charities throughout the tour: The Shark Trust and Project AWARE.

They hope to meet and inspire people from all walks of life; including those that are committed conservationists, ocean lovers and people who may know absolutely nothing about sharks. In Kathryn’s words ‘It will be a privilege and pleasure to use our voices to encourage people to become Friends for Sharks themselves. We simply cannot wait to make a difference to this world.’

The support of others is needed for the world tour to succeed and to raise money for charity. Every penny counts and 60% of donations received by Friends for Sharks will go directly to The Shark Trust and Project AWARE. The remaining 40% will be used to fund travel costs, such as basic transport and food, so that Kathryn and Nicholas can reach as many interested audiences as possible.

Please take a moment to enjoy the Friends for Sharks website and Facebook page, share them with your friends and show your support for sharks.

Learn more at: http://www.friendsforsharks.com

On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FriendsforSharks

On Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/FfSharks

On Instagram: http://instagram.com/friends_for_sharks


Blue Horizon

About Author

Lee has been in the marketing industry for the last 15 years and now specializes in teaching marketing techniques to people in the scuba diving industry. He is founder of Dive Media Solutions which, in addition to providing complete marketing, media, communications and IT solutions exclusively for the scuba diving industry, also produces The Scuba News. You can connect with Lee via Twitter by following @DiveMedia

Leave a Reply

Dive Curacao

Scuba Mask Straps