- House of Commons Must Make Passing Bill S-5 a Priority
- Maritime History: SS Florizel
- To “Hel-en and Back Again” in Support of SOS Picton Chapter
- Every Dive is a Decompression Dive
- Central Caribbean Marine Institute Presents: Reefs Go Live 2023
- Exhibit Opening – Salmon Tales: How Fishing Shaped BC Opens at the Maritime Museum of British Columbia
- What Agency Should I Do My Instructor Course With?
- RNLI Calls on the Public to Take Part in The Mayday Mile – After Charity’s Volunteer Lifeboat Crew Launched Over 9000 Times Last Year
A comprehensive list of Dive Shows and Diving Events around the world.
If you have an event you would like to add to this section, please contact our Editorial Team for more information.
- This event has passed.
6th Annual Ice Hole Festival
February 10 - February 12
The Ice Hole Festival started as a check on a scuba divers bucket list. A diver walked into International Scuba in Carrollton, Texas. He inquired about scuba diving under ice. Everyone knows there is no ice in Texas. So, Richard Thomas, owner of International Scuba, called his friends in South Dakota, which is known for its ice.
Meeting up with Colonel Echols of Land Shark Scuba in Sioux Falls, they organized the first weekend of ice diving. Locals showed up to watch the crazy Texans willing to risk freezing on a -20F day. It turned out the joke was on them. Everyone had so much fun and bonded while completing an extreme sport that a pact was made to repeat it again next year with the locals. So became the legend of the Ice Hole Festival.