- Poni Divers Perform Groundbreaking Underwater Lion Dance at Open Sea
- Sea Shepherd Adds New Ship to Operation Milagro
- Ocean Quest Adventures Presents Consummate Explorer Package
- Scuba Diving the SS Capilano, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
- Book: The Wreck of HMS Speedy – The Tragedy That Shook Upper Canada
- The Sacred Balance: Learning from Indigenous Peoples
- BWRAF – It’s a Scuba Diving Thing
- Deptherapy To Complete Mission with Groundbreaking IDP
A comprehensive list of Dive Shows and Diving Events around the world.
If you have an event you would like to add to this section, please contact our Editorial Team for more information.
- This event has passed.
19th International Ocean Film Festival – Virtual Event
April 11, 2022 - April 24, 2022
“We’re back! To say we’re excited is an understatement,” said Ana Blanco, Executive Director for the Festival. “This year’s festival will not only be an extraordinary homecoming to the Cowell Theatre, but will also highlight some of the lessons we learned from the pandemic. The silver lining of the last two years has been reaching more and new audiences through our virtual component, which now is a permanent part of the full festival.”
This year’s 19th Annual International Ocean Film Festival is marked with 18 days of ocean-focused, independent films. In addition, the Festival will host lively Q&A panels with film directors, marine scientists, and industry experts, as they discuss the films and share insights into ocean conservation, preservation, and legislation.
“Also, one of the Festival’s most important components is the 10th Annual Student Film Competition,” says Blanco. “It’s a way for students to tell their stories about the ocean and explore the exciting world of filmmaking. We are delighted to have PADI (the Professional Association of Diving Instructors) supporting the Student Film Competition.”