Explore the Arctic from above and below the ice with the best and only Canadian Arctic dive operator. Immerse yourself in a world of icebergs, drifting pack ice, the Arctic sea floor, and fascinating wildlife including narwhal, bowhead whales and polar bears on our Baffin Island Expedition.
Enjoy the glow of 24-hour sunshine at the floe edge, as you experience some of the most unique, exclusive and spectacular diving opportunities on the planet. At the end of full days spent diving, take in dramatic landscapes of towering granite cliffs, mountains, glaciers, and icebergs.
Join us on the ultimate Arctic diving experience – on the only dive trip of its kind in the world!
Highlights of this trip:
- Dive, with a skilled Arctic Dive Master, in the most incredible ice formations found anywhere on the planet – pack ice, cracks, the sea floor of the Arctic Ocean.
- Dive under the light of the midnight sun, possibly near grounded icebergs
- Get aerial views of dramatic landscapes during a fly-in experience to our Premium Safari Camp in an exclusive location
- Experience the floe edge – also known as the “line of life”
- Possible viewing opportunities for pods of narwhal, polar bears, harp seals, bearded seals, ringed seals, bowhead whales, and beluga
- Visit the Bylot Island Migratory Bird Sanctuary, which attracts more than 200,000 birds annually
- Journey by snowmobile and qamutik to traditional Inuit hunting grounds
- Enjoy tea made of melt-water from hundreds of years old glaciers
- Snorkel and kayak amongst sea ice
- Take in stunning panoramic views of granite cliffs and glaciers
- Enjoy hot, gourmet meals at our Premium Safari Camp
- Meals: 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and snacks, 6 dinners
- Charter flight to camp
- 5 nights in Premium Safari Camp
- 1 nights in a hotel in Pond Inlet
- Services of Arctic Kingdom Expedition Leaders , Dive Supervisor and Inuit guides
- Dive equipment including tanks, pony bottles, weights, weight belt, harness, all ice diving safety equipment, and remote DAN 02 kit.
- Drysuit and personal dive equipment may be available on request.
- Use of kayaks
- Guided interpretive hikes
- Return transfers in Pond Inlet
- Round-trip flight to Pond Inlet from Ottawa (Ask about our special rates!)
- Accommodation in Ottawa
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Pond Inlet, Iqaluit or Ottawa
- Polar Clothing Rental Package strongly encouraged
Inspired by African mobile safari camps, our Premium Safari Camp brings elegance and comfort to the Arctic. The modern, specially designed Arctic yurt-style safari camp structures provide a warm and inviting home-away-from-home in one of the world’s most remote, yet breathtaking places.
- 3 m (10’) cathedral ceilings, with a diameter of 4.8 m (16’)
- Double walls with insulation, large windows, and a lockable door
- Large and spacious dining/lounge area with 24-hour snack and drinks buffet
- Shared washroom with hot water sinks and showers. Accommodations with private washrooms are also available. Note: these are eco-style, as you will be located in wilderness.