The National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI Worldwide) currently have the following job vacancy for Executive Director at their Florida headquarters.
DEPARTMENT: Headquarters Staff
JOB TITLE: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: NAUI and NAUI Services Group Boards of Directors
JOB PURPOSE: The Executive Director of NAUI Worldwide is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company by working with the NAUI Board of Directors, the NAUI Services Group Board of Directors, and other management to establish and implement long-range goals, plans, and policies. The successful candidate will ensure that NAUI’s fiscal, operations, fundraising, marketing, human resource, technology, and programmatic strategies are effectively implemented across all segments of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Dedication and commitment to excellence and quality.
- Proactive in obtaining feedback and using information to improve performance.
- Use foresight and analytical skills to assist in problem resolution and opportunity identification.
- Possess the ability to effectively establish and maintain strong working relationship and be tactful and considerate in relations withothers while displaying an upbeat, positive outlook and pleasant manner.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate NAUI’s fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of NAUI’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of NAUI by way of systems that will improve its overall operation and effectiveness.
- Establish credibility throughout NAUI, the scuba diving industry and with the Boards as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Politically astute to corporate business matters, domestically and internationally.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting NAUI; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism, which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which NAUI may enter.
- Evaluation of NAUI’s corporate structure and team; plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Dedication and commitment to excellence and quality.
- Articulate and persuasive.
- Highly effective in written communication with clarity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive issues.
- Internationally astute and diplomatic handling of other cultures essential; familiarity with protocols interacting with a wide variety of cultures and peoples.
- Strong sense of self; high levelof comfort working in an interactiveteam environment and the willingness and ability to assertively pursue solutions with the goal of service to customers, both internal and external.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Experience, Competencies and Education
- A certified scuba instructor.
- An experienced leader and business executive with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the diving field.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analyticalability, good judgment and strong operationalfocus.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is “politically savvy” and a team player.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- An excellent negotiator who is experienced in contracts and non-profits.
- A decisive individual who possesses a “big picture” perspective and is well versed in systems.
- Global business experience and acumen preferred.
- Masters degree (MA) or equivalent; or ten to fifteen years related leadership/management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to the NAUI and NSG Boards, NAUI members, and outside investors.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is located at NAUI Worldwide Riverview, FL location. Relocation is not available.
If you meet these requirements please e-mail your resume & salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax your resume & salary history to (813) 628-8253.
To learn more about our company visit us at www.naui.org