In July 2016 the Resident Marine Biologists at Six Senses Laamu implemented a new code of conduct on how to sustainably snorkel and dive with turtles, ensuring that every encounter is a positive interaction and that it does not affect the natural behavior and movements of the turtle. With this in mind, they began compiling a database of turtle sightings from the dive and snorkel sites around the Laamu atoll, via a simple photographic identification process.
- Join the rEvolution this October with Tekdeep Egypt
- NOAA’s Get Into Your Sanctuary is Taking Place Now
- DEMA Show Early Bird Hotel Special Ending Soon!
- Steps in Coral Conservation Celebrated by Aquarium-Park Partnership as National Park Month Commences
- Come One, Come All This October – The Red Sea is Calling
- Books: The Physics of Scuba Diving
- Baby boom? 17 North Atlantic Right Whales Born this Season
- Scuba Diving the Tunstall Shipwreck in Prince Edward Island