A comprehensive list of Dive Shows and Diving Events around the world.
If you have an event you would like to add to this section, please contact our Editorial Team for more information.
- This event has passed.
18th Annual Sylvan Lake Cleanup 2021
September 19, 2021
Sunday, Sept 19th, 2021 – with applicable COVID protocols (if required) for this Underwater Lake Cleanup at Sylvan Lake – Main Pier Area.
Wanted – Divers, Paddlers & Shore Support, Plus Shoreline Cleanup Volunteers.
You must RSVP & register on-line via this our AUC.TidyHQ Event Portal: http://thq.fyi/se/jtK7uGU
Hosted by the Alberta Underwater Council and its volunteers, with thanks to Town of Sylvan Lake.
A shoreline & beach area cleanup to be conducted by local volunteers at the same time – organized by the Town of Sylvan Lake COVID-19 Protocols to be followed if needed.
Divers Remember to Bring
- All your dive gear and only one tank! Usually only do one dive to cleanup up underwater due to increased boat traffic in the afternoon.
- Plus: BCD, Regulators, drysuit/wetsuit, mask, snorkel, fins, boots, weights, dive computer, hood, gloves, 2-4 extra pounds of lead (max. depth is usually 6-10 feet so extra lead is helpful). Other dive gear that you will find useful to bring: writing slate, compass, a tarp to change on.
- Your certification card and logbook.
- Warm clothing, even if the sun is shining, be prepared for typical Alberta weather which could include rain, snow, and everything in between.
- MUST BRING your own snacks, water, drinks – food is no longer provided due to COVID.
- Small amount of cash for donations, membership, raffle draws (if available)mesh bags & cutting device (safety scissors) provided by the AUC (Alberta Underwater Council).
Paddlers, launch 1/2 hour after our divers submerge but weather dependent (wind/waves).
Remember to Bring:
- Life-Jacket, bailer, spare paddles, whatever you need to be safe out there.
- Appropriate clothing, wetsuits, wetsuit boots, (water temps are getting cold!), footwear, etc.
- Shore Support Workers: assist divers & paddlers, sort trash, record data, remove trash to garbage truck provided by the Town of Sylvan Lake Beach and shoreline cleanup – local volunteers welcome to join in at the same time (organized by the Town of Sylvan Lake).
- Remember to Bring: Appropriate clothing, sturdy footwear, gloves, garbage bags, small container for small metal pieces, broken glass, etc.
- DO NOT pick up needles – please report their location to the Town of Sylvan Lake.
9:00 am Registration & Waivers.
10:00 am Safety Briefing & Divers start.
10:30 am Paddlers Launch (weather permitting).
12:00 pm Clean-up Trash, followed by Prize Presentations (if available).
Sunday September 19, 2021 11:00 am to 2 pm.
Open to anyone on or off Facebook.