Embassy Suites Boston
207 Porter St (at Geneva St)
Boston, MA 02128
Monday, June 24, 2013 at 7:30 AM – Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 5:30 PM (EDT)
Ticket Type Sales End Price
Early Bird June 10, 2013 $340.00
General Registration June 17, 2013 $390.00
Group Rate (3 +) June 17, 2013 $310.00
Key course benefits:
Understanding the Importance of each topic, regarding Underwater Forensics and Crime Scene Investigation processing, procedures, protocols and precautions.
Who should attend: Crime Scene Investigators, Law Enforcement Professionals, Registered nurses, Forensic Nurses, EMS Professionals and other healthcare professionals interested in learning more about the evaluation, documentation, pathology and pathophysiology of the submerged victim.
All participants will receive; study guide materials, case reviews, documentation example forms, Power Point overview. Proprietary and copyright laws apply.
After attending the conference in its entirety, and completing the evaluation survey, those seeking continuing education will earn:
- NC Law Enforcement: 14.0 CEU’s
- National Registry EMT personnel: 14.0 CE’s
- Massachusetts Municipal Police: 14.CE’s
- Board of Nursing- Application in process
Provide Law Enforcement, healthcare providers, Fire Department and EMS personnel, with the latest advancements in procedures, protocols, job hazards and documentation processes involved in the submerged victim Crime Scene Investigation. Broaden the knowledge base of each attendee by presenting the information in a professional, methodical and understandable fashion, encouraging active participation of each attendee..
Speaker: Mack S. House Jr. CSIDT- International
Mack S. House Jr.: Crime Scene Investigator Diver Technologist ~ International (www.csidti.org), Published Author: “Underwater Forensics Research, Commercial Scientific Diving, and Scheduled Publications for 2013: “The Crime Scene Investigator Diver Technologist International-Training Program”.”CSIDT International Diver Log Book.”, “CSIDT International Diver Manual”. Inventor: CSIDT International Weapons and Body Containment Devices. International Speaker, Consultant, recognized Expert in Underwater Forensics. Active Member: International Crime Scene Investigators Association (www.icsia.org) and Forensic Experts Incorporated (www.feinc.net). Featured in: “Tru-TV” and “The C.S.I. Effect” by Katherine Ramsland. Experience includes- Autopsy assistant, Tissue Recovery Technician FDA, Certified Anesthesia Technician ASATT, ACLS Certification, CPR Instructor, North Carolina Law Enforcement Officer- CSI, Deputy Sheriff, Crew Chief North Carolina Emergency Medical Technician, and Soul Designer ASME Certified – 2 staffed Submarine. Master Diver-PADI-NASDS.
Schedule and Course Content – Day 1
- 7:30 AM Registration ~ Snacks and beverages throughout the day
- 8:00 AM The Crime Scene Investigator Diver Technologist
- 8:30 AM The CSI Effect ~ The Jury
- 9:30 AM Confidentiality
- 10:15 AM Break
- 10:30 AM Documentation, Chain of Custody and Professional Ethics
- 11:15 AM Photographic and Recorded Documentation – part 1
- 12:00 PM Lunch (on your own)
- 1:00 PM Photographic and Recorded Documentation – part 2
- 1:30 PM Precipitating Events ~ First Responders- Fire Dept. & EMS.
- 2:15 PM Break
- 2:30 PM Technology at the Water’s Edge
- 3:15 PM Exothermic and Diver Life Support System Configuration
- 4:30 PM Break
- 4:45 PM Case Studies and Review of Case Law
- 5:30 PM Adjournment
Schedule and Course Content – Day 2
- 7:30 AM Registration Snacks and beverages throughout the day
- 8:00 AM Welcome and Review
- 8:30 AM Racial, Religious, Gender and Cultural Considerations
- 9:00 AM Pharmacological ~ Ingested, Injected, Absorbed or Inhaled
- 10:15 AM Break
- 10:30 AM Stages of Decomposition and Environmental Considerations
- 12:00 PM Lunch (on Your Own)
- 1:00 PM Containment of the Victim and Evidence
- 2:00 PM Break
- 2:15 PM Surfacing the Victim
- 2:30 PM Critical Incident, PTSD and Suicide in Law Enforcement
- 3:45 PM Open Forum
- 4:30 PM Award Certificates and Adjournment
** Crime Scene Investigator Diver Technologists International.
** This communication will serve as official notice that CJS will accept the listed presentation as being available to a NC criminal justice officer participating in the NC Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commissions Law Enforcement Officer Certificate Program, either at the intermediate or advanced level.” Training System Manager/CJS
** Conferences conducted by; Crime Scene Investigator Diver Technologist International, have been approved by the Massachusetts Municipal Police Training Standards Committee, for Continuing Education Units/points for Law Enforcement Officers. Daniel Zivkovich, Executive Director
** Conferences conducted by; Crime Scene Investigator Diver Technologist International, have been approved by the NATIONAL REGISTRY OF EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIANS
ALL programs must be attended in their entirety in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Phone cancellations must be confirmed by email on the date of cancellation notice. Cancellations received by June 3rd, receive a full refund of the registration fee. Cancellations received after June 4th until June 17th, are assessed a $50 processing fee. Cancellations received after June 17th and or “no shows” are nonrefundable. In the event that a conference is cancelled, a full refund will be issued.
Disclosures to Participants:
- The planners and presenter(s)/author(s) of this course have declared no real or perceived conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity.
- Crime Scene Investigator Diver Technologists International guarantees the content of these educational activities are free from bias.
- Accredited status does not imply endorsement by any commercial products displayed in conjunction with this activity.
- CSIDT-I activities do not include any unannounced information about off-label use of a product for a purpose other than that for which is approved.
Registration ends: June 17, 2013 *** W-9 Form available upon request
REGISTRATION METHODS ~ ONLINE
Quick processing and immediate confirmation.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click “Send Money.”
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org and the amount
- Select “Purchase” or “Personal,” then choose the reason for the payment.
- Please indicate: Boston CSIDT Conference.
- Click “Continue.”
- Review the amount, the payment method, and shipping address.
- Add a message (if you want to), then click “Send Money.”
By Mail: U.S.P.S.
Regular Mail: Must be received by June 17, 2013
Make Checks Payable to:
Mack S. House Jr.
PO Box 519
Castlewood, Virginia, 24224